Each Utility participating in SEEAM project has been allocated a private space with 30Gb size on the cloud. Under this space Utilities can maintain all their asset and GIS related documents. This document describes how to access the Utility directory on the cloud and how to upload files to it.
Open the cloud folder
In the most recent build of EDAMS NDM, you will notice a new button has been added:
By clicking the button, a new explorer window will open showing your utility’s directory:
You can copy, move or delete files from this folder like a normal windows folder.
Tip: If you don’t immediately see your changes, hit F5 or right click > Refresh anywhere on the window.
Tip: Do not delete or move the .epr, .egp or .shp files which are loaded in the project!
Cloud folder structure
- Aerial Photos: This is where aerial photos such as ortho photos, google earth photos, etc. should be located.
- Drawings: This is where other informational drawings such as pipe profiles and schematics, etc. should be located.
- DTM: This is where Digital Terrain Models should be located.
- GIS_Background Data: This is where shapefiles loaded in EDAMS NDM as background layers should be located.
- GIS_Sewer: This is where shapefiles generated from the system (when refreshing graphical data) should be located (Sewer module).
- GIS_Water: This is where shapefiles generated from the system (when refreshing graphical data) should be located (Water module).
- Hyperlinks: This is where you can store documents, pdfs, etc. which can be attached as hyperlinks to elements.
- Photos: This is where you can upload photos which can be attached to elements.
- Project Files: This is where all project files (.epr, .egp) are located. You should not move or delete anything from this folder.
Scanned Maps: This is where background georeferenced maps should be located.